The Power of Dancing!!

 

Besides keeping you fit and in great shape, dancing gives you a lot of other great benefits such as mental clarity, focus and the chance to be yourself by moving your whole body to the vibration of music and if you like the music you hear, then your mind and body will naturally be inclined to mimic the vibrating sounds your body feels.

If you feel down, dance can help you change your mood really quick and if you cannot sleep at night, you can try a bit of really fast dancing and within 15 minutes, you will be exhausted and ready to sleep all night long.

There are many “open space” offices out there these days, and many people working at computer desks, standing all day long, and I hope you have music playing all day long at your places of employment so you can get to move your body while you work. It is good for the spirit, the mind and the body.

I recently worked temporarily at two locations, a warehouse and an office where they played music almost all day and all night long. And even though I was moving around in one of those jobs and sitting at a desk at the other, I was jamming my upper and lower body to the music, while being very productive at work. I had an increase of energy, enthusiasm and happiness while I heard amazing dancing music, and I am sure my boss appreciated my increased productivity and teamwork.

I hope more companies realize the great benefits music can provide their employees and I hope more and more of them have open spaces where employees can relax, distress and listen and jam to great music while working.

I also hope more individuals view dancing as a normal, everyday activity in their lives and that we have more public places and “plazas” playing dancing music, here in the United States and in my state of Utah, where people of all ages can gather just to dance, move their bodies and distress, after a long night/day of work.

Music brings people together and if dancing is added, happiness is added. We all need to move our bodies and dance gives us that opportunity without having to be a “professional” dancer.

We can dance with strangers in a public place, and we don’t even have to speak the same language, as our bodies will do the “talking” through dance.

Play dancing music and have a whole bunch of small children of all ages and backgrounds, gather in a space, and then watch them. They will all start vibrating, moving to the music the way they want to move and that, right there is the power of music, the children will just move without anyone telling them to do it!! And if you let the music move you, the music will have the same power over you.

You just need to feel the music and then just move your body and the more you move, the more you feel in tuned with the music, with the positive vibrations and with your real self, without prejudices and without fear of what others may be thinking about you because by you dancing, other people will want to duplicate that which you radiate: Energy, happiness and confidence, and that is confidence and that is beautiful and very powerful!!

So come on, play your favorite dancing music anywhere you go. Let’s dance together, alone, at home, on the street, your home, or the neighborhood, the dance club or your work. Dance at night, during the day, on your break, at lunch, standing up, sitting at a desk. When you walk to the car, in the car or when you leave the car and come back home.

Dance to and from the school, while crossing the street, while entering the grocery store and on the way out. (I am writing this entry and my whole body is jamming to “Back to the 90’ dance Mix” on You Tube. Very cool music indeed and my fingers are just sliding through the keyboard.!! If you have a chance, play it and see what I mean)

I used to carry my boom box almost everywhere, until the cell phone came about…I went on a lot of trips with my friends and specially when we went to the beach, I always brought my boombox with me, and we always had a great play list jamming and people could not stop dancing and requesting the best dancing songs ever, oh and guess who the DJ was?

I don’t think I need to “convince” you more of the great benefits dancing has, but one of the greatest ones is that it keeps you fresh, energetic, young inside and out, happy and positive, believing you can get anything you want in life, and then you may!!

I hope you dance; move the skeleton and you never stop. If you need some more inspiration, then come follow me on Tik Tok

Have a great weekend and thank you for reading.


-La Niña Internacional-

Popular Posts